A little ditty… about Annie Murphy
Who am I, anyway? Am I my resume that is a picture of a person I don’t know??? … if you get this reference, we are obviously already best friends. But, for everyone else…
WHO AM I:
- I am a writer and a lover of literature. (I suppose those two titles are rather interchangeable.)
- I love a good movie quote-a-thon. Especially 80s Hughes-esque flicks. “Blaine? That’s not a name!”
- I am a major theater dork, but balance this with my love of Chicago sports teams and scary films, thus saving my reputation.
- I own every Pee Wee’s Playhouse episode, as well as those phenomenal movies he put out. (So, I love me some Paul Reubens…why does that have to be weird?!)
- I collect sea shells from the bottom of the ocean. I should have been born with gills.
- I listen to film scores while I write and french jazz while I cook.
- I love the water, especially the ocean, and am a SCUBA nerd, to boot.
- I have glasses that make me look like Drew Carey, or so I’ve been told.
- I get into giggle fits and can’t stop when I’m uncomfortable or really tired.
- I’m a thrill seeker, not afraid of much. Just clowns, falling off of tall objects, and goats. Yes, goats. Totally rational.
- My ultimate dream in life is to travel the world, see everything, and do everything. Not too much to ask, is it?
I’ve spent the last decade or so a little on the lost side, almost on the back half of my thirties, and never have I been so sure of who I am. I may not be sure of anything else, but I’m finally getting to know the real me, and not the me I think everyone else wants me to be.
I’m taking my “me” back.
So, here I am, exploring my thoughts. And I thought, if you wanted to share your thoughts, we could think together and write. And stuff… So… yea…